Web Training Dates and Times
Strategic Marketing and Communications offers monthly training sessions on our supported systems and bimonthly open, drop-in hours for additional instruction and one-on-one guidance. Please see below for dates, times and sign-up instructions.
Cascade is the CMS (content management system) that Chapman uses to update the main WWW website. All users of this system must complete the 3-hour training. In addition, users must attend a separate 1-hour Accessibility presentation (see next section) soon after completing the CMS training.
Training dates for Cascade CMS are listed below. They are held in a DeMille 100 on the Orange campus, unless otherwise noted.
- Tuesday, January 8, 1pm-4pm (RK 9401 on Rinker campus)
- Tuesday, January 22, 1pm-4pm
- Friday, February 1, 1pm-4pm
- Friday, February 15, 1pm-4pm
- Tues, March 5, 9am-12noon
- Friday, April 5, 1pm-4pm
To sign up for CMS training, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the name, email of the person who needs training, and include which section of the website is needed (URL of section is fine). If you are a student please include your direct supervisor’s name and email and CC them on the request.
Accessible Web Content (for Cascade CMS Users)
All Cascade CMS users, web authors, must attend the 1-hour presentation to understand how the content they add to their webpages, or the content in PDFs and Videos, can be made accessible so that all of our website visitors, regardless of how they access the internet or browse websites, can read and use our webpages.
Dates for the Accessibility training are listed below. They are held in Leatherby Libraries, Room 305, unless otherwise noted.
- Wednesday, January 16, 11am-12noon
- Tuesday, January 22, 11am-12noon
- Tuesday, March 26, 11am-12noon
- Friday, March 29, 3pm-4pm
- Friday, April 12, 3:30pm-3:40pm
- Wednesday, April 17, 11am-12noon
For more information on the above, email email@example.com
Monthly 25Live Event Scheduling & events.chapman.edu
- Trainings are handled through the Event Scheduling Office.
Please note: If you just need additional training on events.chapman.edu, you may attend our Help Hours
Blogs.chapman.edu / Signage.chapman.edu / Web Best Practices / Social Media
- These systems require minimal training, so we offer training through our Help Hours. If you are not able to attend one of these sessions, please contact your Web Coordinator, or for social media, Michelle Leslie (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Trainings are handled through Event Ticketing Services.