Adding a Category Tag to Events.Chapman.edu
Each event on events.chapman.edu allows for the addition of categories (or tags) to be added to help with filtering of content and for the creation of distinct feeds for other Chapman environments like blogs and the main website. Please review the materials below to add categories to your event listing.
Categories on events.chapman.edu
As seen in the screenshots below, categories can are located in two areas on events.chapman.edu:
1) Categories on Event Listings
The “event listing” is your individual event page. Your categories are located in the bottom left corner of the page.
2) Categories on Main Filters
On the main page for events.chapman.edu, the categories are located in the sidebar and can be used to filter content.
Adding a Category to Your Event Listing
There are two ways to get a category tag added to your event listing:
1) Through the 25Live Event Scheduling System
If your event requires you to go through 25Live for the scheduling aspect, you will have access to a partial list of categories for your events. These categories explain the type of event you are creating (ex. meeting, concert, lecture, etc.).
Within the “Create an event” process in 25Live, a list of categories will be presented to you to choose from. These will then be pulled to your event listing (as seen above) automatically after approval of the scheduling.
2) Through your event listing on events.chapman.edu
If you want to add additional category tags to your event, you can do that within the edit mode of events.chapman.edu. You may want to do this to add more thematic tags like diversity & inclusion, spirituality, science, etc. Please follow the below instruction on how to add a category.
1) Go to your event listing on events.chapman.edu and log in through the top right corner “login” in the browser
2) If you are the original submitter of an event, you will have access to edit the page. There will be an “edit” button in the top corner if you have permission to edit once you are logged in. If not, please see this article on requesting permission to edit an event.
3) Once in the edit mode you can now navigate to the categories panel in the lover left corner of the page.
4) When you click “add category,” a dialog box will appear. You can then add any category you deem relevant.
Please note: As event creators start to add more and more category tags, the list will pre-populate with some commonly used suggestions. This will help with any overlap, so please look for similar categories before creating a new one.
5) Once you have completed your addition of category tags, push “done” and then “publish” the page (located in the top left corner of the edit mode.
Please note: When you add a tag to your event, it will automatically be added to the homepage filters in event.chapman.edu. No extra work needed.
As always if you have questions about this feature, please feel free to reach out to your web coordinator.