Cascade CMS Updates and Fix Release Log
In an effort to keep you, Cascade CMS user at Chapman University, up to date with the latest improvements and fixes to the system, please reference the change list below.
Sunday May 10, 2020
Below is a review of the most impactful changes to the campus users.
- [screenshot above] To help you locate content quicker, collapsed groups in page and block editing interfaces now feature a preview of the first field in the group. We’ve also updated the design of various form-related components throughout the application.
- Users publishing one or more selected assets from a list will now receive a warning if they have no enabled Destinations available to them.
- We’ve improved color contrast in various places throughout the application for better visibility and accessibility.
- There have been many load speed improvements made behind the scenes to help user navigate through the system quickly.
- Text within asset links (asset names) can now be selected throughout the application on non-mobile devices.
- We’ve introduced a number of improvements to the Browse and Upload tabs in chooser panels to help reduce confusion when choosing assets. Additionally, the chooser panel is now responsive on mobile devices.
- To help you keep track of your edits, when previewing an asset we’ll show you your Draft or Working Copy by default if you have one. If your Draft is out of date with the current version, we’ll let you know in the preview header.
- To help prevent system instability, the max upload limit system preference is restricted to no more than 512MB for individual file uploads. Site imports via file upload and zip files being unpacked are restricted to 2GB, based on browser limitations. In addition, changing the max upload limit system preference no longer requires a restart.
- To help prevent out of date files being left on your web servers, content will be unpublished by default from all enabled Destinations and Outputs during move, rename, and delete operations. The Unpublish option enabled by default when moving or deleting assets user preference has also been removed.
To explore the full list of updates, please visit the Cascade Release Notes page
If you have questions or issues caused by this Cascade update, please reach out to the IS&T Service Desk.
Friday, May 8, 2020
Homepage hero area redesign – Chapman’s homepage on www.chapman.edu has been given a facelift to align better with virtual opportunities and recruitment needs during the Covid-19 pandemic.
Thursday, May 7, 2020
Cascade CMS preview speed changes – in an effort to speed up the load times in Cascade when previewing and editing, we have adjusted the navigational elements to be placeholders. These elements normally index the whole site, which adds load time, slowing down your experience.
- You can toggle the navigation back on in your preview by using the dropdown menu on the top right corner and setting it to “HTML.” As a reminder, this is only impacting the Cascade preview, not the live site, which will always have the navigation showing.
Wednesday, May 6, 2020
Cascade Server Patch – The Cascade CMS will be down at 7 p.m. for 20 minutes for a server patch to help with security and stability.