Common Fields in All Templates
There are some fields that appear on all templates. They are:
Show: Yes/No By default a slide will display in the slideshow for the designated device(s). If you want to take a slide out of the slideshow temporarily, click No.
Background and Text Alignment: This determines the background color, and for certain templates the alignment (left or right) around an image. The options differ by template:
For Standard slides:
- LightRight = light background with right aligned text (optional foreground image on the left) Example
- DarkLeft = dark background with left aligned text (optional foreground image on the right) Example
- LightLeft = light background with left aligned text (optional foreground image on the right). Example
- DarkRight = dark background with right aligned text (optional foreground image on the left) Example
For Schedule slides:
For Directory slides:
Slide Duration: This is how long the slide will display before moving on to the next slide in the slideshow. This is an open text box, but all times should be entered in seconds. For instance, 1 minute would be entered as 60 seconds. We recommend each slide run for 10-20 seconds unless the slide contains a video or other element that requires a longer duration. If your slide contains a video please set the slide duration to be equal or greater than the length of the video.
Short Name for Menu: This is the label that will appear in the menu at the bottom of the slideshow to identify this slide. It should be no more than 15-20 characters.
Start Displaying: If you choose a date this slide will not display in the current slideshow if the date is still in the future. Blank is the default and means that the slide will always display.
Stop Displaying After: If you choose a date this slide will not display in the current slideshow once this date has passed (after midnight). Blank is the default and means that the slide will always display.
The following 3 fields are used in each template but appear in different areas on the input screen:
- Heading: the main bolded heading that appears first at the top of the slide. Required
- Sub-Heading: an optional heading to appear under the main Header.
- Organizer or Sponsor: this will determine the icon and name that displays in the lower left corner of the slide, as the sponsor of the information on this slide. If your department is not listed, you may leave it blank or select Chapman University.