Creating an Event in 25Live
When creating an event in 25Live you are accomplishing a few tasks: room scheduling, resources reservation and submission to the public calendar. Below is a quick rundown of the ‘Create an Event’ process for your reference.
Recently, the 25Live system was updated and the Create an Event form changed slightly. To learn more about the changes please see our announcement post on the subject.
1) You can login into the 25Live system from any computer. Firefox and Chrome browsers on a desktop computer are preferred.
Please note: The system will let you login with your Chapman credentials, but until you’ve gone through training and receive permissions, you will not be able to create an event.
For more information on ‘Cancel Existing Event’, visit the Cancel an Event page.
3) Event Name and Event Title: In the system there are two options for event identification. As noted the Event Name is purely internal for identification. This can be a truncated version of your official title. The Event Title is the full name of the event that will appear on the event calendar if you wish to publicize. In this area you must be more descriptive than “meeting” or “workshop.”
4) Event Type: The Event Type allows you to choose if your event is “public” or “private.” If you choose public, you are requesting that your event appear on the new public events calendar. This will not only give you a few different options on the form itself to help classify your event to the public, it will also pull your information into an event listing that you can update. If you choose Private, you will be able to reserve a room and services, but it will be hidden from the public.
5) Primary and Additional Organizations: This option is to attach your organization’s name to an event as the host. The Primary Org is required while all additional are optional. You can add as many additional orgs. as you need. This information is pulled to the new public events calendar.
6) Event Occurrences: Choosing whether your event is a single occurrence or multiple occurrence will change the following page options.
7) Event times: On this page, whether you selected single or multiple occurrences on the previous page, you need to identify the time and date of your first occurrence. On the following pages you will be able to identify your supplementary dates as needed.
The Pre-event and Post-event options are for you to build time into the schedule for the setup/takedown or additional time needed for pre and post event happenings. The setup and takedown times will not show on the new public events calendar.
Please Note: Requests must be made no later than five days from the event. This is to respect the Event Scheduling and resources departments setup times.
8) Location: This page is where you will select available locations on the Chapman Campus. Most rooms are included in this system, but if you can’t find what you are looking for, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Some rooms on campus are reserved primarily for certain schools or departments. Please note: if you are having trouble finding a location, try turning off the check boxes below the search.
9) Event Resources: This is where you will identify all the resources you will need for your event like tables, audio/visual equipment, catering, etc. Please note: if you are having trouble finding a resource, try using the advanced tab with the lists.
10) Custom Attributes: Chapman has a few procedure that are required for legal and safety reasons. These questions will trigger a noticed to the appropriate departments about your event having alcohol, underage attendees, and outside vendors. Please note: contact information does get pulled to the live calendar for public viewing. Do not put in any information that you don’t want public.
13) Comments and Notes
14) Terms and Conditions