Social Media 101: New to the online Chapman Community?
1. Consult Strategic Marketing before creating an account.
- Consult with your strategist or the Social Media & Digital Marketing specialist before creating a new account.
- Brainstorm the type of content you would share, map out a strategy, and consider the time and energy necessary to manage an interactive community.
2. Register your account(s) with Strategic Marketing.
- Provide contact information for the accounts’ managers and administrators.
2. Review the social media policy.
- Familiarize yourself with the university’s policies, guidelines, and expectations.
- The policy includes criteria such as proper naming of pages, branded profile images and avatars, consistent posting, comment moderation, and grammar.
- Adhere to the policy.
3. Learn best and proven practices.
- Find best practices for social media platforms here.
4. Request Social Media Support From SMC
- You can submit a request in Workfront for support here.
Questions? Contact your Account Executive or the Interactive Marketing Specialist.