Social Media 101: New to the online Chapman Community?
1. Consult Strategic Marketing before creating an account.
- Consult with your account executive, web coordinator, or the interactive marketing specialist before creating a new account.
- Brainstorm the type of content you would share, map out a strategy, and consider the time and energy necessary to manage an interactive community.
2. Register your account(s) with Strategic Marketing.
- Provide contact information for the accounts’ managers and administrators.
2. Review the social media policy.
- Familiarize yourself with the university’s policies, guidelines, and expectations.
- The policy includes criteria such as proper naming of pages, branded profile images and avatars, consistent posting, comment moderation, and grammar.
- Adhere to the policy.
3. Learn best and proven practices.
- Visit best practices and recommendations in Chapman’s Knowledge Base, Social Media folder.
- Learn more from:
4. Add your accounts to the Social.Chapman directory and live feed.
- When your accounts have been approved by Strategic Marketing, the Interactive Marketing Specialist will contact you to upload your accounts to the directory.
- You will login to Social.Chapman.edu/admin, and add accounts to your “organization.”
- Note: The IMS will need to create an account and organization for you before you can login.
Questions? Contact your Account Executive or the Interactive Marketing Specialist.