Chapman University’s Public Relations team can assist in amplifying your storytelling. The Public Relations team within Strategic Marketing and Communications pitches to media on behalf of the university and each of its 11 colleges or schools. Press releases are posted on the Chapman University Press Room page.
Roles and Responsibilities
For any questions, reach out to:
- Carly Murphy, public relations coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Paul Pe, communications specialist (internal communication), at email@example.com
Support And Request Pathways
The Brand site’s submit a request page outlines the pathways to request projects through Workfront, including a request for a press release OR media pitch (informal outreach to media w/timely quotes and citations to relevant research).
The best press release request:
- Includes a submission via the WorkFront form
- Includes the details who, what, when, where, why
- Includes a contact person and their contact information
If you are submitting a request for a press release to announce a research article recently published or due to be published in a peer-reviewed journal,
- Please provide the link or the anticipated publishing date, the name of the publication, the type of research, a preview of your article, AND a brief or bulleted summary of the key discoveries of your research.
If you are sharing a blog post or college site article your department already posted, please provide a link to the article.
Media on campus
The Public Relations Team must be notified of any media on campus.