Chapman’s digital signage network consists of two parts:
- Various wall-mounted screens located across Chapman’s campus used for promotions.
- A central website found at signage.chapman.edu used to build and submit slides and manage screen content.
Through the central website, Chapman members can build slides and request them to be on the screens of their choice. A screen owner then reviews the slide to be approved or denied based on a variety of factors.
The digital signage network consists of more than 100 screens, including the Wilsontron, which is the large screen located by the Wilson Football Field.
Policy & Guidelines
- View Digital Signage Guidelines to better understand the expectations and limitations of the system and overall network.
Training and User Levels
SMC offers online training for the platform on Canvas. You can request access to this training by filling out this training request form. This training will equip you with all the tools and knowledge needed to submit and manage your slides.
Once you’ve been added to the course, you can find it by logging into Canvas using your Chapman credentials. If you have already gone through training, view the Digital Signage Canvas course here.
Signage.chapman.edu has two user levels:
- Slide Creator – consists of anyone who has a Chapman login and allow you to build and request slides to be on screens.
- Screen (or sign) Owner – Specific individuals who manage a campus screen’s content, often related to the screen’s proximity to their department or school.
For security reasons, signage.chapman.edu can only be accessed while connected to a Chapman internet network such as eduroam or Chapman Open. You can also access it while off-campus using the Chapman VPN. Learn more about the VPN. You must have Chapman login credentials to access this system.
Guides and Resources
- Please reference the Digital Signage Canvas training for specific usage tutorials
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is Wilsontron different from the other screens around campus?
A: Fundamentally, no. While the screen is much larger, the process of submitting a slide to it remains the same.
Q: My physical screen is turned off or has an error message, what should I do?
A: Contact IS&T. They manage the physical implementation of the signs. You can submit a Service Desk ticket here.
Support and Request Pathways
- For signage.chapman.edu software support – Submit an SMC Digital Signage Support request.
- For physical screen setup and maintenance – Submit an IS&T Service Desk ticket.